27 Mar Real Estate During COVID-19
COVID19 has certainly caused a lot of uncertainty when it comes to the Real Estate market. One things is for certain. There is always uncertainty when it comes to Real Estate. This unfortunate pandemic has made it more difficult in some ways when it comes to buying a selling a home. Some of these challenges include scheduling showings, setting social distancing guidelines at open houses, or even predicting what this pandemic will to the market once it passes. With all of the uncertainty and new circumstances we might feel need to be taken into consideration. Let me provide a few things that remain certain as well as a few solutions I continue to provide to help you navigate through your decision making.
- Sellers – Inventory is still low and there are an abundance of buyers looking for homes. Certainly different markets are experiencing different things. In general, there are more buyers in the market right now then inventory. It’s still a good time to consider selling if you are considering that.
- Buyers – Interest rates are still very low. With rates as low as they are, your overall purchase of home could be less through the life of an amortized loan on a higher priced house rather than waiting for house prices to at a higher interest rate. True we have no idea what the market will look like tomorrow, next week, or next year. With what we do know, now is a great time to buy a home at possibly a very strong rate.
1. I am offering showings through FaceTime, Skype, and other forms of technology to my clients who are quarantining themselves or practicing social distancing the opportunity to get out and see a house with having to get out and see the house. I am happy to go to the home with you. For the sellers, I will wipe down everything I touch with a disinfecting wipe.
2. Open Houses – To comply with social distancing, I am providing hand sanitizer, disinfection wipes, latex gloves, etc… based on the home owners request. Based on the traffic, we can also limit the number of individuals/families in the home at any given time. Again, for the sellers, I will wipe down everything I touch with a disinfecting wipe.
3. Market Updates – I will be doing my best to update my Facebook page and my Website with updated information regarding COVID19, market conditions, etc…
Dustin Erickson | REALTOR®
Josh Johnson Team @ Century 21 Everest